Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
Easy to make cookies with a protein boost! Perfect for Fall, they combine the flavors of pumpkin, vanilla, oats, and cinnamon. They contain NO eggs, flour or refined sugar. Win win!
- 1 cup (100g) instant oats
- 3 scoops (93g) ICONIC Vanilla Bean protein powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp (21g) coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ¾ cup (183g) pumpkin purée, room temperature (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (28g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp (14g) mini chocolate chips, divided
- Whisk together the oats, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, pumpkin purée, and vanilla. Stir in the maple syrup. Add in the oat mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the dark chocolate chips and ½ tablespoon of miniature chocolate chips. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the sheet, and flatten to the desired cookie size using a spoon. Gently press the remaining miniature chocolate chips into the tops. Bake at 325°F for 10-13 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
More spice? Up the cinnamon by ¼ to ½ teaspoon, and increase the nutmeg and ginger by ⅛ teaspoon each.