Cinnamon Protein Horchata
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked white long-grain rice
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup ICONIC Vanilla Bean RTD Shake
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- Combine the rice, cinnamon sticks, and 2 cups of the water in a blender. Blend until the rice and cinnamon sticks are roughly ground up (1 to 2 minutes). Add the 2 remaining cups of water and blend again.
- Let the rice mixture soak at room temperature at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Once the rice mixture has soaked for at least 8 hours, pour through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Discard the rice and cinnamon stick solids and rinse the strainer well. Strain the mixture again one more time, just to make sure the horchata isn't gritty.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, and sugar, then chill ready to serve. Serve over plenty of ice with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top.