➡️ Save 10% When You Subscribe 📦 Free Shipping On Orders $100+ ⬅️
Our Top 5 Mental Health Tips Going Into 2021Published:
Whether you’re uber committed to your self-care Sunday routine or you can’t remember the last time you did something for yourself, you’re aware of your mental health. When your brain feels balanced, life is easier. When you’re dealing with any kind of mental health challenges, even the smallest task can feel totally overwhelming!
If you feel like you could use some support for healthy headspace, don’t worry. We’ve rounded up a few of the easiest, most effective things you can do for your mental health.
1. PRACTICE GRATITUDE. There’s just something about sitting, being present, and counting your blessings. Yes, it sounds cheesy. Yes, it works crazy well. Science has directly linked gratitude to wellbeing, so it’s worth practicing. Want to get started? Carve out time in your day — even just five minutes — to write down a few things that you’re thankful for right now.
2. GET OUTSIDE. Nature is a powerful tool. Get outdoors, preferably away from civilization as much as possible. And, if you can muster up the strength, leave your phone in the car as you wander into nature. Unplug and your brain will thank you.
3. GET MOVING. Physical activity is one of the top things you can do to minimize symptoms of anxiety and depression. And even if you’re not currently dealing with a mental health disorder, physical activity floods your brain with endorphins, the neurotransmitters that help you banish stress and feel happy. Get that heart rate up and your mood will go up with it.
4. CONNECT. Social connection is incredibly important in defending against mental health disorders. Who are your favorite people to hang with? Hit them up and get something on your calendar.
5. EAT RIGHT. Where do you think your brain gets the fuel it needs to function day and night? You guessed it: your food. Clean eating is one of the best things you can do for your physical and mental health. (And don’t worry. ICONIC is here to help with easy, healthy, grab-and-go options.)