➡️ Save 10% When You Subscribe 📦 Free US Shipping On All Orders ⬅️
Billy's Ultimate Prepper ListPublished:
In the midst of all this pandemonium, I thought it would be helpful to share my “prepper list” of the items I have not just to survive, but also THRIVE on! It’s important to stock up on some shelf stable nutrient dense items. I like to keep some on hand in the event of a natural disaster that results in power outages and food supply shortages. You may know and love our products, but here are a few of the other items:
- Grass Fed Beef Jerky - Chomps (think grass fed slim jims) & Epic Provisions (grass fed bison, venison, and more!) are two of my favorite brands out there.
- Dried Fruit - Mangos are a go to for me, Costco has a bag that’ll take you 6 months to finish. Grab these while everyone else is playing tug of war for toilet paper.
- Camping Meals - Wild Zora has one of the few paleo products out there, just add water! They also last 3 years in case you don’t get them soon.
- Canned Food - Remember these? You probably haven’t bought them in years, but they last forever.
- Protein Powder & Drinks - Protein not only fills you up, but also increases your metabolism. Why not get lean while you’re left at home? Make sure you find one with a long shelf life (our products are typically 18 months from production) and something without any fake ingredients like sucralose or aspartame.
- Water - Everyone stocks up on this, but I have yet to be in a natural disaster where the water gets cut off. It can definitely happen, so I have a few Lifestraws in case along with two 5 gallon jugs of water. Rule of thumb is to plan on 1 gallon/day/person. If you opt for packaged water, go for bulk vs. the single bottles to save money and extra waste.
- Snacks! I’m a snackaholic as my family and team can attest to. Here are a few of my go to’s:
- Chips - I can’t stop eating Brass Roots (truffle rosemary is legit) and Spudsy (go for the cinnamon churro!). Siete for your classic tortilla chip style.
- Crackers - Simple Mills has an insane Smokey Cheddar BBQ cracker that’s basically a better for you cheez it. I crush these.
- Cookies (because you deserve a treat after all this prepping!) - Simple Mills also makes a killer Chocolate Chip cookie.
- Bars: So many options, but here are a few of my go to’s:
- Raw Nuts: Sprouts & Thrive have big selections (Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Macadamia, Pistachios, etc.)
- Nut Butters:
- Almond: Barny Butter has an awesome creamy version.
- Sacha Inchi: Brass Roots has the first of it’s kind seed butter, very tasty!
- Phat Fudge by my friend @PaleoChef
- Apple Sauce - Look for organic & unsweetened
- Ghee - You’ll need something to cook with and 4th & Heart makes the best.
- Fruit & Veggies - There’s only so much room for fresh and frozen food, so once you’re stock up on your refrigerated produce, go for some veggies that will last longer at room temp:
- Sweet potatoes - mix it up and go for orange, purple, and white!
- Apples - I find McIntosh to be the most flavorful if you can find them. Fuji is my go to otherwise.
- Citrus - I’m a big fan of mandarins, especially satsumas - easy to peel and sweet.
- Garlic & Onions - Need that flavor when you cook!
- Carrots - not the baby cut ones!
- Dark Chocolate - Choc Zero keto bark is a must have ration.
- Sparkling Water - Hey, you may get bored drinking water so here’s a splurge - Spindrift sparkling water with a hint of fruit juice so it’s low sugar.
Where to look?
- Thrive Market - This is one of my favorite sites. If you haven’t checked it out, it’s basically like Costco, Whole Foods, and Amazon had a baby. Healthy, shelf stable food & beverages shipped to your casa in bulk at cheap prices all the time. WIN.
- Amazon - Needs no introduction.
- Our Site - Shameless plug :) Remember to lock in that discount with subscribe & save too!