Who says pizza can't be healthy? This recipes makes 6 servings and is keto friendly and low carb. The added protein boost will keep you fuller for longer, and stop any snack cravings.
1¼ cup almond flour (or you can use ½ cup coconut flour)
- ¼ cup ICONIC Unflavored Protein Powder
- 4 TBS Psyllium husk powder (this may sound strange but don’t skip this!)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS Italian spices
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (or 4 eggs if you use coconut flour)
- 1 cup boiling water
- Butter or coconut oil (for brushing)
- (Toppings of your choice)
- First up, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Add the boiling water and mix until dough thickens and start to stick to beaters. Place ball on greased baking sheet.
- Spray a piece of parchment with oil and place on to of the dough to help spread without sticking. Use a rolling pin or your hands to spread the dough into a 16 inch round. Dough will raise 2-3 times its size so make the thickness one third of what you want the final pizza to be.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 min.
- Remove crust from oven and brush with butter of coconut oil and return to oven. Broil for 3-8 minutes or until crust is crisp (Be careful, watch closely during this step to make sure it doesn’t burn!). I start the broil with it flipped over to crisp the bottom and then flip over and broil the top.
- Add any other toppings you'd like (e.g. tomato sauce, veggies, meat, cheese) and broil for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to brown.